Gabriel Spadon, MSc
Ph.D. Candidate - Institute of Mathematical and Computer Sciences
University of Sao Paulo - Brazil
I am a PhD candidate in Computer Science at the University of Sao Paulo, Brazil. My research interests include, but are not limited to, the analysis of complex systems through complex networks and computer-based learning applied to preventive medicine. During my graduation course, I have published on topics related to data-driven knowledge discovery and data mining techniques on semi-structured data. Currently, I have been working on the understanding of phenomena related to human mobility and on deep learning techniques applied to computational phenotyping.
Supervisor: Jose F. Rodrigues-Jr
Supervisor: Jose F. Rodrigues-Jr
- Spadon G., Carvalho A.C.P.L.F., Rodrigues-Jr J.F., and Alves L.G.A., Reconstructing commuters network using machine learning and urban indicators, 2019. Scientific Reports 9, Article number: 11801 (2019) ; and,
- Spadon G., Machado B.B., Eler D.M., and Rodrigues-Jr J.F., Detecting multi-scale distance-based inconsistencies in cities through complex-networks, 2018. Journal of Computational Science, Elsevier.
- Spadon G., Gimenes G., and Rodrigues-Jr J.F., Topological street-network characterization through feature-vector and cluster analysis, 2018. International Conference on Computational Science, Springer;
- Spadon G., Machado B.B., Eler D.M., and Rodrigues-Jr J.F., A distance-based tool-set to track inconsistent urban structures through complex-networks, 2018. International Conference on Computational Science, Springer (awarded paper); and,
- Spadon G., Scabora L.C., Araujo M.V., Oliveira P.H., Machado B.B., Sousa E.P.M., Traina-Jr C., and Rodrigues-Jr J.F., Complex-network tools to understand the behavior of criminality in urban areas, 2018. Information Technology-New Generations, Springer.
- Spadon G. and Rodrigues-Jr J.F., Computer-assisted city touring for explorers, 2018. CEUR Workshop Proceedings, CEUR-WS;
- Spadon G., Scabora L.C., Nesso-Jr M.R., Traina-Jr C., and Rodrigues-Jr J.F., Caracterização topológica de redes viárias por meio da análise de vetores de características e técnicas de agrupamento, 2018. 33o Simpósio Brasileiro de Banco de Dados, SBC;
- Spadon G., Gimenes G., and Rodrigues-Jr J.F., Identifying urban inconsistencies via street networks, 2017. Procedia Computer Science, Elsevier; and,
- Spadon G., Scabora L.C., Oliveira P.H., Araujo M.V., Machado B.B., Sousa E.P.M., Traina-Jr C., and Rodrigues-Jr J.F., Behavioral characterization of criminality spread in cities, 2018. Procedia Computer Science, Elsevier.
- Correia R.C.M., Spadon G., Gomes P.H.A., Eler D.M., Garcia R.E., and Olivete-Jr C., Hadoop cluster deployment: a methodological approach, 2018. Information, 9(6), 131.
- Scabora L. C., Oliveira P. H., Spadon G., Kaster D. S., Rodrigues-Jr J. F., Traina A. J. M., and Traina-Jr C. Cutting-edge relational graph data management with Edge-k: From one to multiple edges in the same row. Journal of Information and Data Management - JIDM, v. 9, p. 20-35, 2018.
- Rocha J.E., Olivete-Jr C., Gomes P.H.A., Garcia R.E., Correia R.C.M., Spadon G., and Eler D.M., Internet-based education: a new milestone for formal language and automata courses, 2018. Information Technology-New Generations, Springer; and,
- Correia R.C.M., Spadon G., Eler D.M., Olivete-Jr C., and Garcia R.E., Teaching distributed systems using Hadoop, 2018. Information Technology-New Generations, Springer.
- Machado B.B., Spadon G., Arruda M.D.S., Gonçalves W.N., Carvalho A.C.P.L.F., and Rodrigues-Jr J.F., A smartphone application to measure the quality of pest control spraying machines via image analysis, 2018. 33rd Annual Symposium on Applied Computing, ACM;
- Arruda M.D.S., Spadon G., Rodrigues-Jr J.F., Gonçalves W.N., and Machado B.B., Recognition of endangered Pantanal animal species using deep learning methods, 2018. International Joint Conference on Neural Networks, IEEE;
- Nesso-Jr M.R., Cazzolato M.T., Scabora L.C., Oliveira P.H., Spadon G., Souza J.A., Oliveira W.D., Chino D.Y.T., Rodrigues-Jr J.F., Traina A.J.M., and Traina-Jr C., RAFIKI: retrieval-based application for imaging and knowledge investigation, 2018. 31st International Symposium on Computer-Based Medical Systems, IEEE;
- Ferreira L.D., Spadon G., Carvalho A.C.P.L.F., and Rodrigues-Jr J.F., A comparative analysis of the automatic modeling of learning styles through machine learning techniques, 2018, Frontiers in Education Conference, IEEE;
- Marques L.F., Correia R.C.M., Spadon G., Eler D.M., Olivete-Jr C., and Garcia R.E., Databases available through APIs using restify: characteristics, programming models, and benchmarks, 2017. 12th Iberian Conference on Information Systems and Technologies, IEEE;
- Caldeira D.C., Correia R.C.M., Spadon G., Eler D.M., Olivete-Jr C., and Garcia R.E., Data mining on Linkedin data to define professional profile via MineraSkill methodology, 2017. 12th Iberian Conference on Information Systems and Technologies, IEEE;
- Almeida C.E., Correia R.C.M., Eler D.M., Olivete-Jr C., and Garcia R.E., Scabora L.C., and Spadon G., Prediction of winners in MOBA games, 2017. 12th Iberian Conference on Information Systems and Technologies, IEEE; and,
- Gomes P.H.A., Garcia R.E., Spadon G., Eler D.M., Olivete-Jr C., and Correia R.C.M., Teaching software quality via source code inspection tool, 2017, Frontiers in Education Conference, IEEE.
- Name: Gabriel Spadon
- Contact info:
University of Sao Paulo, Institute of Mathematics and Computer Sciences - Department of Computer Science
400 Avenida Trabalhador Sancarlense
Sao Carlos, SP - Brazil 13566590
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +55 (16) 99641-2805